August 23, 2010

life liver....blog slacker....

The end of summer is near...and I've been trying to enjoy every minute!

Consequently, the blog has been...well...IGNORED for the past few weeks. It's certainly not because we don't have things going on here that I could blog about. But, it's because there were things going ON here!

I've been a bit productive over the last few weeks - cleaning out the kids' dressers and getting them ready for fall. I reorganized our pantry and filled it with HEALTHY things. I'm still on my quest for better health, and I'm excited to share that I'm down 17 lbs! WOOHOO!! It helps that we're eating yummy food - like this:


...and enjoying some DELICIOUS local sweet corn! Lydia decided she was ready to eat it off the cob,

'BY HER OWN SELF!'

She can't get enough!!


We went to an awesome pig roast at the lake. Good food, great friends, GORGEOUS weather, and fun activities made for a super day!

Lydia had so much fun playing in the water...


...and the sand. LOL I don't really recommend army-crawling through a giant sand pile. It makes for a difficult bathing situation later on. Trust me.


Max loved exploring the yard, the toys, and the sporting equipment.


Over the last few weeks, we had a vehicle switch-up as well. We sold our one car and Steve got a jeep! He found a great one with a hard top (we need that here with our winters) and Lydia couldn't WAIT to go for a ride - with the TOP. OFF.

She didn't realize, though, that the top off meant a windy ride. She kept telling Steve,

"Mommy's going to be upset that my piggies are blowing out!!"

LOL!!!!!

Needless to say, she hasn't taken a ride with the top off since.

We've also had a few campfires. Lydia has loved getting to stay up a little later for special time with mommy and daddy around the fire.


Of course, she LOVES the marshmallows.


When we haven't been attending pig roasts, eating, riding in the new jeep, or campfiring, we've just been enjoying time together. Max LOVES going outside to play and makes his way to the door to pound on it, just to let me know he's READY TO GO! Our playground is his favorite hot spot to play....and suck on rocks. Good grief. BOYS!


I guess just as long as the kids are havin' fun, that's all that matters, right?!?!


Something really cool has been being featured on Blue Cricket Design TWICE in the last week!! Becca at BCD is VERY sweet and has liked some of my projects, so she was kind enough to feature my hutch and the scrapbook wall flowers. How cool is that?!?! Makes me want to get workin' on some things - STAT!!!

I have several projects on the horizon, including sewing projects, knitting (fall's comin', folks!), furniture painting, wall art, and more. So, hang in there! This mama's gettin' creative soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails