April 21, 2010

what the heck happened yesterday???

Yesterday didn't really turn out how I had originally hoped. Lydia's cough was still too nasty for me to send her to school....Max got more miserable as the day went on...the kids didn't nap at the same time, which meant no downtime whatsoever...and Steve ended up getting home late, which meant no by-myself walk to regroup. *sigh* I'm tired just thinking about it!

But, today is another day! It's a work day for me. I have 4 evals. to do today, and while I don't love doing 4 in one day, it does make the day go by quickly and I feel super productive. The coolest thing about work days??? MAKE-UP! REAL clothes! NICE HAIR!! I actually look like a human on Wednesdays. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love and adore the time I spend with my kids. My schedule is perfect and I love that I get dress up at least one day a week, go out and see the world, and come home to my sweeties. Plus, it's super cool when Lydia says, "Mom, you look so pretty!"

The one bummer about work days is going in and seeing people who tend to have their priorities totally messed up. I don't want to sound like I'm judging the people I see, but rather, I see it as a flawed system that contributes to their funky life choices. Such as, families will come in wearing hip clothes/shoes, toting cell phones and Nintendo DS's, but then the kids complain about not having much to eat or the parents claim they 'don't have the money' for the kids to participate in much-needed summer programs or extracurricular activities. And it breaks my heart to hear the kids say that their favorite foods are cookies, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and candy. I mean, I totally get the love for cookies and all things sweet (chicken nuggets, not so much), but how about some fruits? Maybe a few veggies? I really don't want to get all political on this blog, but seriously - if the government can demand us to get healthcare, why can't they demand people receiving government assistance to buy healthier food?? And, to NOT buy cigarettes!!! Ugh. I could go on and on, but I won't. Stay positive, Krissy, stay POSITIVE!!! This is your day of beauty!!

On that note, I must go beautify myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails