July 29, 2010

day 4.

Today is Day 4 on my journey to better health.

This week has been a little squirrelly in some respects...especially since I gave up coffee.

Yup, you read right.

NO. MORE. COFFEE.

You can imagine what the last few days have been like. Two days of mild headaches. Complete exhaustion day 1 and 2...well, let's just carry that into day 3 too.

But here we are! Day 4! I actually woke up feeling pretty good too! Not overly tired...not real foggy...and I got out for my morning walk. LOVE that. The fresh air and sun really helps to kick off the day right.

Some of the views on this morning's walk....

So, not only have I given up coffee, but I'm also doing without red meat, processed sugar, and dairy. I've done it before, and honestly, have never felt better in my whole life than when I ate REALLY well. I've read several of Marilu Henner's books, and even got to meet her! She's AMAZING! She has done so much with her life and even with her crazy schedule, she manages to eat amazing food, exercise, and do everything with GUSTO! If you haven't read any of her books, you really should.

My new favorite breakfast??

THESE!

They live in my freezer and they call my name now each morning. Take one of these, toast it up, and put on a little natural peanut butter and a drizzle of honey.

YUMMMMMMMY!

I think I took 4 bites before I even got to the table.


I wish I could make them last longer....


...but they're just sooooo gooooood.


Almost......

...GONE. Not even a crumb left on the plate.

Off to enjoy the rest of my healthy day! It's GORGEOUS out today! We'll be running a few errands, playing, picking up the house a bit, and getting ready for a fun weekend.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Krissy!! YUMMM! That does look like a healthy way to start the morning! I am so glad you're following my blog and I hope to chat often...your blog is so much fun! I was going to tell you NFF means New Friend Friday. That's how I linked up to finding your blog! I'm so happy I did! :) Happy and healthy day to you and yours!
    Hugs ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a stronger woman than i am! i love coffee so so so much... but good for you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails